iPhone Screen Replacement
iPhone Screen Replacement
No matter how attached you are to your iPhone and how careful you are with the device, accidents happen all the time, and one day you might find yourself in the need of the iPhone screen replacement service. Luckily for you, this kind of problem is rather common, so Apple made sure this part of the gadget can be fixed without compromising the device in general.
If you are brave enough, you can try to perform your phone screen replacement on your own. In this case, you will need:
- Tiny star-shaped drivers to undo the screws on the phone.
- A suction pad to lift the screen.
- Plastic picks to make lifting the screen and some other parts easier.
- A replacement screen.
You can either purchase a single screen element or a full screen replacement set. In the former case, you will need to search for all the other aforementioned tools as well as transfer the Home Button on your iPhone when you replace the screen element. If you go for the full set, you’ll get all the necessary tools and the Home Button will be integrated in the new screen. The latter option is definitely more preferable for non-professionals.
iPhone Screen Replacement: a Step-by-Step How to Guide
- Use a tiny star-shaped driver to remove the base screws.
Note, keep the screws safe as they are very small.
- Lift the screen by using the suction pad.
Be very careful and use plastic picks when necessary to assist you in this task. Don’t pull too strongly as you may damage the cables.
- Lift the screen (not more than 90 degrees!) so that you can see a small metal plate that covers connector cables.
- Remove tiny metal screws that hold the plate and put them with the base screws.
- Nudge the plate to the left by one of the plastic picks. Don’t put too much force behind the movement.
- Detach the connector cables by using a flat blade screw or a plastic pick.
Pry them off gently and start from the edge of the connector.
- Reinsert connector cables into your new screen. Use a little bit of force to line them up.
- Replace the metal plate and align the screen properly.
- Power up your iPhone to make sure that everything works.
The Home Button won’t function unless the case is secure, but the rest of the screen should work properly.
- Close the case (start from the top), reinsert base screws and secure the case.
If you are wary about performing this procedure yourself, contact CellSpot Phone Repair and we shall provide you with the screen replacement repair service quickly.
CellSpot Phone Repair – SANTA ANA LOCATION
3318 S. Bristol St.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
CellSpot Phone Repair – TUSTIN LOCATION
1622 Edinger Ave Ste E
Tustin CA 92780
CellSpot Phone Repair – OLATHE KANSAS LOCATION
103 N Parker St
Olathe, KS 66061